Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Why I NEED the Helix Blue Seventy wetsuit

I'm doing my first full Ironman in China in less than two months. After a short-lived battle with myself, I finally gave in to my crazy, happy-go-lucky ways and clicked the register button at the start of this year. What made me finally decide to go for it was because I promised myself I would finish one on or before I'm 30. I'll be past this age by November this year, so what better way to beat my deadline than do Ironman China.


Problem is, China is way colder than the Philippines. And this means that one must wear a wetsuit during the swim if one doesn't want to catch hypothermia and die. So here I am, with 6 weeks to go and still without a wetsuit. I was prepared to borrow one from my friend who does scuba diving, but when she told me the material would not be suitable for racing as it would be too warm and will hamper arm movement, I decided against it. I was almost sure I would have to scrape the bottom of the barrel just to buy one.

Then comes this ad from www.swimbikerun.ph ... (Thanks Carlo!)

I initially wanted to tell a story, about me and my boyfriend training and racing together and all that. And I think I made a pretty good one. But after I got initial reactions from friends, I thought, who would have time to download a long presentation and put up with a slideshow that doesn't have any music in it. It just looked totally drab. (I tried to put music but I'm running out of time and I'm just not a techie).

With one more day to go, I racked my brains for WHY I REALLY REALLY BADLY NEED THE HELIX BLUE SEVENTY WETSUIT and I could only come up with two:

1. Wearing a Helix Blue Seventy Wetsuit would make me look totally hot...







and 


2. I would rather spare you the image of me wearing some other brand ;)









NOT!










NOTE: The author would like to thank Jana Strain for being her body double and the Blue Seventy blog for the picture (http://thewaterisopen.blogspot.com/2009/04/blueseventy-nero-used-to-set-pan.html)

My thanks also to www.whoispapak.com for a picture of my other body double.

Most importantly, the author would  like to thank Val (you don't have to know his last name) for being such a good sport and not suing me for using his picture.


Cheers!


P.S. If you really want to see what I originally made, the presentation is linked in the word "Presentation" above. When you get to the site, just click the word download. I must warn you, it's a bit cheesy 

P.P.S. My friend just asked me to post a picture of me wearing the Helix wetsuit if I won, I told her it might not be that far from the 2nd pic. Just to set your expectations straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment